Benefit: Better decisions
3 types of decision making
Intuition is what you feel about a certain action/event/place/person after all of your emotion & logic are separated. It gives a clear signal if that thing will be good/bad for you.
Length: 2 minutes (practice takes around 2 minutes)
- Write an action/event/location you will interact with today.
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself doing that thing.
- Write down how you feel when doing that thing. Start with “I feel”
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself not doing that thing.
- Write down how you feel when you don’t do that thing. Start with “I feel”
Going to Toastmasters: Imagining going there creates excitement Not Going There: Imagining not going there creates anxiousness like I am missing something
Go to the BBQ party: I feel like it will be interesting. Not going to BBQ party: I feel like I will miss something.
Knowing cognitive biases increases the strength of intuitive thinking.